Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sufficient Grace


If these are your thoughts, you will find that his grace is sufficient for you (2 Corinthians 12:9)

"I am a poor, weak creature, unstable as water. I can't
conquer my flesh. My corruption is too much for me
and is a step away from ruining me. I don't know what to do.
My soul is a desert, a cave full of dragons. I've
made promises and broken them. Many times I thought
I'd won and would be delivered, but I was deceived. I
can tell that if I don't get some help right away, I'll give
up on God and make a shipwreck of my faith.
But here at death's door I raise my weak arms. I
look to you, Lord Christ, with all grace in your heart,
all power in your hand, more than able to slay all my
enemies. You can make me more than a conqueror.
Why do you say, O my soul, that "my way is hidden
from the LORD. . . . Do you not know? Have you not
heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator
of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or
weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the
power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and
weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those
who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and
not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. (Isaiah 7:9)

No comments: