Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Christ our Mediator



















For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.


In that one sentence, Paul captures the main theme and essence of the entirety of holy Scripture, as well as answering the cry we heard from Job for someone to arbitrate between God and man.

"Father, thank You for the Mediator
whom You both planned for and provided
in Your love and mercy and wisdom and power.


Jesus, You alone could be my substitute
and pay the penalty for my sin!
How can I ever find adequate words to thank
You enough for Your uniquely perfect life
and Your uniquely perfect death on my behalf?
With all my heart and soul and mind and strength,
I thank and praise You for Your sacrifice.
Thank You for this truth that so transcends my emotions.
Continue to allow it to transform my emotions."
C.J. Mahaney

No comments: