Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanking God For Trials


"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in Nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."
James 1:2-8

~THANKING GOD FOR TRIALS~

When days were drear, and nights were filled with piercing doubts and fears,
And life seemed hopeless while I shed an avalanche of tears,
I never thought to thank the Lord for trials that I faced,
Or felt the need to praise Him for the strength my heart embraced.

But after all the clouds were past, and calm restored once more,
And Jesus seemed to hold me closer than He did before,
I finally looked in retrospect, without a jaundiced eye,
And found a host of answers to the puzzling question, "Why?"

Those bitter days increased my faith, and drove me to my knees,
And gave me hope, as Jesus listened to my heartfelt pleas.
I felt His love in ways that I had never known before,
And found that I was hungering to get to know Him more.

Then from the ashes I arose with burning strong desire
To share His love with all I met, and build in them a fire,
So they could also know the joy that follows endless pain,
And how God's rainbow full of hope is sure to follow rain.

And now when storm clouds threaten to destroy my peace and rest,
I bow my head and thank the Lord for knowing what is best.
And I remember all the trials I never understood,
And how God worked them all together, only for my good.


No comments: