Thursday, October 2, 2008

Flying like and Eagle


So last night before I was going to bed I was going through a box of old cassette tapes that my mom had sent me that she found in my room. Some were books on tape (since my mom could not get me to read as a kid she would buy books on tape for me :p), some were tapes of me singing and playing music, and some were just random tapes from who knows where they came from. One tape however, which happened to be the last tape I listened to, was a recording of a prophetic word I received from someone at a conference called Xtreme back in 2004 I believe.

In part of the word he gave me he said this, "....God has given you wings to fly Nick. Do not run like a wolf and rely on your own strength, but spread your wings and soar like an eagle."

I remember that year at Xtreme when he told me that, and I remember after I wasn't too sure exactly what he meant. Now it makes perfect sense.

Me being an aminal lover, happen to know a few things about them. One thing I just happen to know is that eagles can tell when a storm is coming and when a storm is coming, they go to some high spot to wait for it. It will set its wings so the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm higher and higher.

Well.... when the storms of life come into our life, we can (and should), rise above them by turning our hearts and minds to God and we can let God lift us above the storms . It's not the burdens of life that weigh us down, its how we handle them. If we hold onto our troubles, and burdens, and our hearts desires they can become an anchor that weighs us down to the point we can't move. Or we can give them over to God, and put our trust in him.

1 comment:

Candace said...

TRUE! lol.. sorry I just had to say it =D. But seriously, Great stuff...Keep it up!