Monday, April 13, 2009

Strength for Each Day


"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:7-10


Lord I pray to you, creator of all things and the source of my help for my every need, that you would just quicken my faith and increase my trust in you in my every day life. I pray that you would help me see your will in my life and help me walk that out in a way that would glorify you. I pray for the strength and tenacity to resist temptation to take the easy roads in life and to see hope and direction in times of cloudiness. Remind me Father that your love is all the hope and strength I will ever need, and that you have never, and will never give me more than I can handle. Thank you for the relationship I have with you and for all of the undeserved blessings you have poured out on my life and continue to do so. Amen

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: