Monday, February 23, 2009

Footprints in the Sand


"One night a man dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. As scenes of his life flashed before him, he noticed that there were two sets of footprints in the sand. He also noticed at his saddest, lowest times there was but one set of footprints. This bothered the man. He asked the Lord, "Did you not promise that if I gave my heart to you that you'd be with me all the way? Then why is there but one set of footprints during my most troubled times?" The Lord replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never forsake you. For you see, during those times of trial and suffering, when you only see one set of footprints, was when I carried you."

As I look back in my life, seeing how God has carried me numerous and numerous of times, I know I can look to the future without fear, knowing that what ever the future may bring, God will be there. Knowing this there should be no reason for me or anyone to fear the future, but to just trust in the loving arms of God to carry us there.

'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold
you with my righteous right hand.'

Isaiah 41:10

No comments: