Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Persistency


If you have ever seen the previews for any of the ICE AGE movies, you will know the little guy above named Scrat. One thing about Scrat that you need to know is, that he is the most persistent little guy ever. All he wants is his Acorn and to bury it, and every time he is about to get it something bad happens; whether he causes and then gets caught in an avalanche, or gets attacked by a mob of hungry barracudas, or gets his acorn stolen by an immodest female squirrel that tricks him. However, regardless of what happens he keeps on keeping on, and continues to be persistent in getting his acorn.

"The race is not always to the swift but to those who keep on running." Among other things, fulfilling God's will for our lives is reaching our total God-given human and spiritual potential. We don't have to be geniuses to do this, but we do need to be persistent and keep on keeping on regardless of our circumstances.

God has a plan and life-purpose for each of us. To achieve it, it won't happen without sacrifices, hard work, and persistence. As Paul said, "It is God himself in his mercy, who has given us this wonderful work ... and so we never give up."

Lord I pray that in the midst of waiting, setbacks, and the disappointments of life, please give me the gift of persistence so that I will never give up the goal of becoming all that you want me to be and in the challenge to keep on doing what you want me to do. I also pray Lord that you help me stay persistent in other things as well such as prayer, devotions, and reaching out to others. I thank you for the relationship that I have with you and thank you for never giving up on me. Amen

No comments: