Monday, December 8, 2008

232 Down.... 1 To Go


Last night as I was trying to study, I could not focus to save the life of me. Earlier my roommate had asked me what were the three biggest things that you will remember about UCF. As I started thinking about that it was then that it started to hit me. This was my last week in college. This day that I have been so looking forward to for the past few months is finally here. After this week I will be graduated and moving to Jacksonville and entering into a new season of life.

So, I decided to put some thought into his question before I answered it and these were the three biggest and most important things that I will remember about my time at UCF.

1. The sports. Flag Football and Intramural sports have been such a big part of my life over the past few years while being here at UCF and have just been a great way for me to have fun. I know that sounds selfish but playing sports is fun for me and I am thankful to God for them. They have also been a great way for me to meet people such as my roommate and other close friends.

2. My friends. My friends are what I will miss most from UCF, but I know that I will stay in touch with them so it will be all good. Being at UCF I have made a lot of friendships that mean a lot to me and I truly am grateful to God for each of those, that he has placed in my life.

3. God's work in me. The one thing that sticks out most to me as I look back is just how God has used this time for me at UCF to grow in my relationship with him. Coming to college I was really not in a good place faith wise. At the beginning I would have seen me as 'Stuck' going to UCF but see it different now. I now see that it was all part of God's plan for me and I was never stuck, but exactly where I was suppose to be. Graduating from UCF will truly be a 'beautiful thing behind a black mask' and I would not have wanted it any other way.

Lord I pray that you give me the strength to get through one more week here at college. I pray that I stay well rested and healthy as I am already starting to feel fatigued. Thank you for all that you have done for me and for saving me from the path that I was once heading down. Forgive me for ever being discontent with being here at UCF and forgive me for ever asking why and thank you for all the work you have done in me, while I was here at UCF. Amen

No comments: