Monday, November 17, 2008

Intramural Sports

So today is kind of a bitter sweet day for me. Tonight will be my very last intramural(IM) sports game at UCF. For the past 5 years at UCF, IM sports has truly been a blessing from God to me. From the friends I have made, to the fun I have had, to the accomplishments achieved, but most of all from the ways God has used IM sports and flag football to work in me.


I think the most important thing I have learned and have tired to keep my main focus on was the before I step onto the field or court, as a Christian I must realize this isn't just simply or solely a field or court but, a context for worship. Scripture is clear in that we are to worship and glorify God in all in life, which includes sports. This perspective transforms the playing field into a context to worship and to glorify God, not to impress others or draw attention to myself. This view transforms the game into an opportunity to honor God, express ones love for God, reflect the character of God, and to bring glory to God, which I hope I have done and hope to continue doing.

Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to play flag football and other IM sports over the years. Thank you for giving me the ability to walk so I can play, the ability to see so I can play, the ability to run and so much more. Thank you for all of the people you have placed around me on and off the football fields and for the friendships that I have made from that. I pray that I have set a good example of being humble, patient, a good leader, and all of the things that as a Christian I should be doing. Lord thank you for the opportunities you have given me to reach out to the people I have met through IM sports and flag football, and forgive me for not taking more advantage of those opportunities over the years until now. Most of all Lord thank you for dying on the cross so that I could be saved and thank you for the relationship that I have with you. I pray that tonight no one gets hurt and that everything goes well. Amen.

No comments: